December 1, 2014
Convergent Dental Upgrades Award-Winning CO2 Dental Laser to Help Dentists Increase Production
New York City, NY – Greater New York Dental Meeting – December 1, 2014 — Convergent Dental Inc., a privately held dental device and technology company, announced that it was unveiling Version 2 of Solea, the first FDA approved, CO2 9.3 micron dental laser for hard and soft tissue, at the Greater New York Dental Meeting (GNYDM) in New York City. This new version of Solea offers significant improvements in cutting speed, precision and patient experience while making the unit itself even quieter, more ergonomic and easier to move around the operatory. Solea Version 2 offers a completely redesigned handpiece, the ability to use office air as well as the internal compressor, an adjustable aiming beam, software upgrades, new wheels and more. Convergent Dental will be demonstrating the new version of this groundbreaking dental laser at Booth #4831 during the GNYDM.
Solea is a critical tool in increasing dentists’ efficiency because it enables anesthesia-free and blood-free procedures. With traditional tools, a lot of time is spent injecting patients and waiting for numbness. Using anesthesia also limits dentists to working in only one quadrant of the mouth in a visit due to the risk of the patient biting themselves and causing injury. Rather than starting with an injection and then waiting for anesthesia to set in, Solea practitioners start right away and routinely execute multi-quadrant dentistry, fill cavities when they are discovered and perform soft tissue procedures they would never have done without a laser. This dramatically increases the value of each appointment. Solea dentists routinely perform six or more procedures per day than they did with the drill and that 95 percent of their hard and soft tissue procedures are done with no anesthesia and no bleeding.
Solea’s unique wavelength and innovative application of computer controls enable the laser to largely replace the drill and scalpel as the primary tools for hard and soft tissue surgeries. Solea earned the Medical Design Excellence Gold Award because its innovative application of technology, impact on oral health, and creative design. Solea’s features and enhancements include:
- A sleek stainless steel-infused hand piece design that makes it easy for dentists to fluidly maneuver and adjust during procedures;
- A 9.3 micron, CO2 laser which is highly absorbed in both hydroxyapatite and water delivering unmatched speed and precision in laser dentistry.
- A computer optimized beam delivery system employing galvos, computer-controlled motors that move mirrors inside the handpiece up to 10,000 times in a second. Their movement is synchronized with the super pulsed laser – also pulsing up to 10,000 per second – to lay down patterns of light that have a profound effect on speed, precision and patient sensation for hard or soft tissue procedures.
- Solea’s variable speed foot pedal is the first of its kind in laser dentistry. It allows Solea dentists to effectively change settings on the fly without looking up from their work.
- An intuitive touch screen using non-laser terminology enabling any dentist to become a laser expert after only one day of training.
“This version of Solea demonstrates the company’s singular focus on improving dentists’ efficiency through continual innovation,” said Convergent Dental CEO Michael Cataldo. “By making it easier to perform anesthesia-free, blood-free procedures, Solea creates a significant advantage for dentists looking to increase their efficiency and grow their practice. Best of all nearly every new feature will be made available as an upgrade to existing Solea Version 1 users.”
# # #
About Convergent Dental, Inc.
Convergent Dental, Inc., is a privately managed dental equipment and technology company and is the developer of Solea™, the world’s first computer-aided, CO2 laser system to ever be cleared by the FDA for both hard and soft tissue indications. Solea cuts significantly quieter, finer and faster than any other laser-based system in dentistry. Solea’s speed and precision is a result of patented technologies and computer system controls that are unique to Convergent Dental, Inc. For more information visit www.convergentdental.com. Follow the company on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+.
Breakaway Innovation Group