Performs senior level mechanical engineering work requiring recognized expertise in this discipline of engineering. Plans and oversees work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection and adaptation of standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria. Devises innovative approaches to complex problems as encountered. Leads projects and provides technical guidance and direction to engineers and/or technicians for the duration of projects. Works with vendors and internal departments to provide direction towards project and organizational objectives.
Position Scope and Responsibilities:
- Participates in engineering projects and development activities
- Works with engineers in various departments to achieve results.
- Leads projects with only general supervision.
- Plans and schedules engineering efforts for all assigned projects and reports progress to schedule.
- Performs engineering activities and provides expertise as well as critical review for projects as assigned.
- Reviews and guides the resolution of technical issues as needed and ensures that technical work meets requirements and specifications.
Creates or contributes to equipment specifications.
- Maintains frequent communications within and outside of department in support of engineering activities, such as project management meetings and material review, etc.
- Guides the decision-making process; frequently conducts meetings or presentations, and makes follow-up assignments to team members.
- Coordinates communications with vendors to provide technical information and expertise.
- Participates in and frequently conducts team meetings.
- Generates or reviews purchase order requests for materials on assigned projects.
- Participates in documentation associated with engineering activities in compliance with company QSSOPs.
Technical Knowledge and Skills:
- Minimum of a Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 8+ years of relevant Mechanical Engineering experience within a complex systems driven environment, minimum of three years working in a medical device/regulated environment preferred.
- Knowledge of IEC60601 Standards for Medical Device Development.
- Troubleshooting and provision of resolutions related to production processes and/or product reject problems, etc.
- Knowledge of statistical and analytical tools (i.e. FEA) with ability to understand interactions between equipment/process/product, and able to draw sound conclusions from the data.
- Excellent knowledge of GD&T including True Position methods.
- Project management competence (methods and software), with a successful history of meeting project deadlines.
- Fully fluent using SolidWorks CAD software
Needham, MA 02494
About Convergent Dental:
Convergent Dental is a high-energy, high-tech, dental device company that is experiencing rapid growth and looking for new team members who can grow with us. Our environment is extremely fast paced and entrepreneurial. The company has entered the market with Solea, the first-of-its-kind CO2 hard and soft tissue laser that cuts faster than any other laser-based system in dentistry. Solea’s speed and precision is a result of its wavelength and computer controls that are unique to Convergent Dental, Inc. Our company is well-funded and opportunities for stock options and advancement are plentiful. If you are a motivated, career-oriented individual who is interested in being in on the early stage of a significant opportunity, Convergent Dental is the place for you.