A hands-on research engineer to research tissue interaction with an innovative laser dental device. The individual must thrive in a fast paced startup environment and is motivated by the opportunity to work on several aspects of optical, chemical and biological interactions, take on interesting challenges and learn new technologies.
Areas of Responsibility
- Apply sound engineering principles and practices to the design and testing of a laser device (eg. self-expanding stents) and beam delivery system
- Design and conduct experiments (in vitro) and tests to fully evaluate device prototypes and develop improvements that lead to commercially viable products.
- Apply statistical methods to design appropriate experiments and determine confidence in experimental results
- Develop and execute test plans, write protocols, analyze and present results, make recommendations, and write reports applying statistics as necessary
- Develop and implement design elements for medical laser devices, for example, focusing elements, pulsing patterns, laser parameter designation
- Collaborate to drive the design of prototypes and plan for bench evaluation on extracted teeth of new design attributes and product concepts (i.e. use SolidWorks® CAD software)
- Work with and provide oversight to suppliers on the design and procurement of components, tooling and fixtures for the design, testing, inspection or assembly of products
- Stay abreast with latest relevant technology through literature, seminars, conferences, academia and industry.
- Participate in project teams
- Meet document control requirements including lab notebook, protocol, report, and change order requirements in accordance with company procedures
- Participate in the generation of Design Control activities and deliverables including Product Specifications, Risk Management, Design Verification and Validation
Desired Skills and Experience
- B.S. degree in Engineering (Optical, Biomedical or Materials preferred)
- Minimum 2 years of research and product development experience for lasers or medical devices focusing on product design development
- Knowledge and experience in laser and tissue interaction
- Experience with Zemax, MatLab or other data acquisition and analysis tools.
- Dental materials or combination product experience a plus
- Team player who enjoys working in a highly dynamic and cross-disciplinary environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Needham, MA 02494
About Convergent Dental:
Convergent Dental is a high-energy, high-tech, dental systems company that is experiencing rapid growth and looking for new team members who can grow with us. Our environment is extremely fast paced and entrepreneurial. The Company has entered the market with Solea, the first-of- its-kind CO 2 hard and soft tissue laser that cuts six times faster than any other laser-based system in dentistry. Solea’s speed and precision is a result of its wavelength and computer controls that are unique to Convergent Dental, Inc. Our Company is well-funded and opportunities for stock options and advancement are plentiful. If you are a motivated, career-oriented individual who is interested in being in on the early stage of a significant opportunity, Convergent Dental is the place for you.
Send Resumes / Cover Letters to:
Apply via Indeed.