- Responsible for troubleshooting and repair of equipment both in-house and at customer sites
- Carry out technical assignments to install, modify, and repair our laser based Dental Systems
- Analyze and repair mechanical, electrical, and software failures.
- Complete in a timely manner, standard equipment documentation and reports to include service reports, installation records, etc.
- Provides customers with timely and accurate technical information in a positive and straight forward manner.
- Disassembles malfunctioning dental devices, troubleshoots and uses standardized testing procedures; examines and tests mechanisms for defects.
- Replaces or repairs defective parts; may require modification or replacement components.
- Reassembles dental devices or equipment and tests assembly for conformance to specifications.
- Inspects devices and tests equipment periodically and adjusts calibration to ensure functioning within specified standards.
- Determines correct spare parts required to complete a repair
- Maintain an inventory of prototyping materials, including electrical, mechanical, and optical components as required.
- Provide training to dental office staff on the set up and maintenance of the dental laser.
- Leads by example…enthusiastic, energetic, bright and must be promotable.
- Outwardly engaging and dynamic, excellent presentation skills.
- Must be a team player and work well in a team environment. Sets and achieves tough stretch goals.
- Absolute personal integrity and credibility
- Passion for excellence in people, process and product
- High energy self-starter; able to provide timely repairs and present themselves in a positive and professional manner.
- Must be able to be an independent thinker and make technical decisions that best support the customer when performing tasks in the field
- Able to operate basic electronic test equipment such as oscilloscopes, multimeters, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational as well as verbal and written communication skills.
- Light mechanical/assembly abilities.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows Office tools.
Experience and Education:
- Basic knowledge of electro-mechanical systems (lasers and optics valued)
- ASEE or equivalent technical education.
- Minimum of 3 years working in a field service capacity supporting a moderately complex product
- Job requires extensive travel to client sites. Expect 100% travel.
Seattle, WA 98101
Covering the North Central area of the United States. May require travel outside the territory. Based around major hub: Chicago, Detroit, Indianapolis, Columbus, Pittsburg
About Convergent Dental:
Convergent Dental is a high-energy, high-tech, dental device company that is experiencing rapid growth and looking for new team members who can grow with us. Our environment is extremely fast paced and entrepreneurial. The company has entered the market with Solea, the first-of-its-kind CO2 hard and soft tissue laser that cuts faster than any other laser-based system in dentistry. Solea’s speed and precision is a result of its wavelength and computer controls that are unique to Convergent Dental, Inc. Our company is well-funded and opportunities for stock options and advancement are plentiful. If you are a motivated, career-oriented individual who is interested in being in on the early stage of a significant opportunity, Convergent Dental is the place for you.