Convergent Dental has launched Solea, a unique laser-based system that allows dentists to work without drills, needles, scalpels or pain for the majority of dental procedures. Convergent Dental is now one of the fastest growing businesses in the US. We are looking for a Field Service Manager to manage our team of field engineers who perform on-site routine services, including installation, maintenance and repair. This is an exciting and challenging position that fills a critical need and contributes significantly toward the company’s success.
- Hires, trains and supervises field service engineers as well as manages daily operations.
- Oversee the scheduling and training of team of 8-12 Field Service Engineers.
- Ensure all customer issues are quickly and satisfactorily resolved utilizing field service, engineering, manufacturing and other teams as needed.
- Conducts regular quality audits and inspections of all installation and repairs. Develops quality standards and metrics that are used to evaluate performance.
- Responsible for managing field service installation, documentation and return of spare parts. Manage the spare parts cost and availability.
- Responsible for ongoing capacity planning to ensure repair service levels, minimal backlog, and scalable design of operations and cost effectiveness aligned with company’s budgeting.
- Develops standard operating procedures for field service repairs.
- Responsible for adherence to and optimization of standard business processes as defined within SOP and SalesForce CRM.
- Carry out technical assignments to install, modify, and repair our laser based Dental Systems
- Analyze and repair mechanical, electrical, and software failures.
- Complete in a timely manner standard equipment documentation and reports, including service reports, installation records and other documents necessary for a FDA approved device.
- Provides customers with timely and accurate technical information in a positive and straight forward manner.
- Manages inspection of devices, tests equipment periodically and ensures test equipment calibration schedule within specified standards.
- Provide training to dental office staff on the set up and maintenance of the dental laser.
Company Core Values & Key Skills:
- Communication: The individual communicates effectively with clients, co-workers and management to enable efficient work processes. The individual listens carefully to others’ business-related needs and viewpoints. The individual is able to express solutions and responses clearly and concisely, in both verbal and written form.
- Respect: The individual fosters mutual respect among their co-workers, managers, clients, vendors and other business associates. They actively participate in creating an environment where various styles are welcomed and sought-after. They seek out perspectives of those from different backgrounds and considers the ideas of others.
- Honesty: The individual is fair and truthful. They are straightforward in their conduct. They exhibit behavior that is considered to be proper and acceptable. They maintain confidentiality of all proprietary and protected company information.
- Caring: The individual exhibits a strong feeling of enthusiasm or excitement for their work and the activities they are performing. They are passionate and willing to put more energy into something to ensure it is done the best it can be. They care about their fellow co-workers and show concern for others.
- Innovation: The individual demonstrates creativity by coming up with inventive solutions and bringing a fresh point of view to problem solving. The individual has the ability to visualize new ideas or improvements within the scope of responsibility. They challenge conventional practices to find a better way.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent technical education
- Basic knowledge of electro-mechanical systems (lasers and optics valued)
- Minimum of 3 years field service supervisory experience
- Requires after hours telephone support or on-call availability
- Window and MS Office Suite experience required. com experience is a plus
- Experience in Dental or Medical practices reliant on advance technologies a plus
- Needham, MA 02494
- Job requires travel to client sites
- Passport required
- Expect 50% travel
About Convergent Dental:
Convergent Dental is a high-energy, high-tech, dental systems company that is experiencing rapid growth and looking for new team members who can grow with us. Our environment is extremely fast paced and entrepreneurial. The company has entered the market with Solea, the first-of-its-kind CO2 hard and soft tissue laser that cuts faster than any other laser-based system in dentistry. Solea’s speed and precision is a result of its wavelength and computer controls that are unique to Convergent Dental, Inc. Our Company is well-funded and opportunities for stock options and advancement are plentiful. If you are a motivated, career-oriented individual who is interested in being in on the early stage of a significant opportunity, Convergent Dental is the place for you.